• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

is 162 degrees too damn hot?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

^_^x Kenshin-dono

got an AMD 1.4 a little while back and ive been thinking it was running too hot. Hot to the touch, air coming out is hot, ect. Well i checked the temp one day and it was 155, ouch. Last night i left it on overnight for a d.load and stupid get right didn't close down the system when it was done, i checked the temp and it was 162 degrees! is this too hot for a system to be running? im worried i might be screwing it up. I checked through this site for solutions but they're too damn technical for me, they assume you already know something about this stuff, i dont know what the hell a 80x25mm 36cfm is or means

Help! i dont want to fry my system. I got a Prophet III graphic card and right now, one fan pulling air in, 2 over my boards, the big one (mini orb somethign or other) over my processor, and some small fan on the board below it.. no clue what thats for. Also have a fan on my powersource but i cant tell if it blows or sucks air

^_^x KD
"You're too F***ing weak!"-Chip/GGX

Yes it is in my opinion. Try upgrading your heatsink to a better one, and invest in some Artic Silver II. And change your signature. Not many people are going to appreciate your choice of words

It_The_Cow (Jul 20, 2001 03:45 p.m.):
Yes it is in my opinion. Try upgrading your heatsink to a better one, and invest in some Artic Silver II. And change your signature. Not many people are going to appreciate your choice of words

sorry, i just use random quotes from a list. .. see right there, i dont know what artic silver is, im clueless about this stuff. Hrm.. didn't want to actually have to mess with my processer itself if i didn't have to

is there a site that goes into cooling with more laymens terms?

^_^x KD
"A whipped dog shouldn't bark so loud"-Saitou/Rurouni Kenshin

Back