• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is 3dmark Firestrike overly-demanding?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

yoadknux

I've been running my 1080ti at 2063/6000 for about a year, and it has never crashed on highly demanding games, such has TW3, AC:O, Deus etc. I used to stress test about once a month to make sure everything is running fine using 3DMark Firestrike and Timespy, as well as running Heaven and Superposition in loops for extended periods (1h+).

Last month I started failing Firestrike ultra, even when I did pass it had relatively lower frame stability (~97%). On the other hand TimeSpy (extreme or ultra, don't remember how its called) always passes with 99%+ stability, never failed it once. Heaven and Superposition also don't fail.

Using those results, should I lower my GPU clocks a bit, or is Fire Strike simply producing bad results? Would love to hear your experience with GPU stability tests.

Thanks!

EarthDog

Gulper Nozzle Co-Owner
I would neither lower my clocks nor assume FS is faulty. If your games work for you, then your system is stable. :)

batboy

Senior Moment
Overly demanding? Hmmm, I think the point of benchmarking is to be demanding. That said, Firestrike Extreme and Firestrike Ultra will make your computer grunt and it's supposed to do that. It's simulating 3D intensive games. Some benchmarks require fine tuning to your rig to run them and get a high score.