• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is 3Dmark06 to be trusted...?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

carb0n

I just ran 3Dmark06 on my system (see sig) and I ended up getting a score of 8223. Is it just me or does that seem pretty low? I looked at the common system score, which is 11600.
My CPU is overclocked, and so are my GPU's.

Can someone give me their opinion on this?

Diddyu

An unstable overclock could easily cause a drop in scores. You should be getting more points at stock speed, so I'd try that, and if the score increases or barely changes, than that would seem to be the problem.

OP
carb0n

carb0n

An unstable overclock could easily cause a drop in scores. You should be getting more points at stock speed, so I'd try that, and if the score increases or barely changes, than that would seem to be the problem.

I'll look into that.

TerraPhantm

Please notice that his is also at stock (proc and most likely GPU)...you can't really compare yours to his.

He states in the first post that his CPU and video cards are OC'd. I don't know by how much, but even worst case scenario and you subtract 4k from my score (I really doubt my clocks would boost me that much) it's significantly higher than his. + I only had one GTS.

Automata

Destroyer of Empires and Use
He states in the first post that his CPU and video cards are OC'd. I don't know by how much, but even worst case scenario and you subtract 4k from my score (I really doubt my clocks would boost me that much) it's significantly higher than his.
Missed that part, oops. :eek:

Since he doesn't give us any numbers...we can't "just subtract" a number and assume that is what he is around ;). Your systems are different enough that we can't really guess.

I will agree though that it seems a tad low for even an overclocked system.

OP: What speeds are you running everything at? Newest drivers?

OP
carb0n

carb0n

Heh.

What kind of numbers do you want, specifically?

Oh, I didnt realize I didn't have my sig updated (at least my CPU's current clock)
*goes to fix it*

OP
carb0n

carb0n

Here's a pic of my CPU and GPU clocks.

clockswg1.jpg

Not sure what you mean by ORB link, though.

Automata

Does the processor go up to its default multiplier? Try disabling C1E and speedstep; then run the benchmark.

Last edited:
OP
carb0n

carb0n

Does the processor go up to its default multiplier? Try disabling C1E and speedstep; then run the benchmark.

I set it to stay at 9x multiplier in the BIOS, but I haven't touched the speedstep features. I am an intermediate overclocker :p

Automata

I set it to stay at 9x multiplier in the BIOS, but I haven't touched the speedstep features. I am an intermediate overclocker :p
Disable C1E and speedstep and run it again...I'm wondering if it isn't going up to its 9x multi.