• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is 45C to hot for a DURON???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CSAChrisco

Is 45C to hot for a DURON??? I have it over clocked to 850 it is a 750 chip!
It has the boxed heatsink and fan on it! Is that to hot? And what is the hottest temp that the Durons can handle?

That is a bit to hot for idel temp, but not yet dangerous. However, if you plan on overclocking higher you should get a better heatsink. THere is a killer deal on the Gladiator heatsink right now, see post farther down this page or in the cyber deals forum. I forget exactly but i THINK AMD's max temp for the duron is something like 65c load, but im NOT sure

Run an intense 3D game, or CPU stressing program like Burnk6.exe and see what it goes up to. You may still be in the clear. Here's a link to burnk6.exe:

Don't let the name scare you. It just works the CPU hard. Better than F @ H, SETI, Prime95, etc for simulating a maximum load on the CPU.

Hoot

no, it is not too hot. Your bios is telling you that temp? It may not be accurate anyways.

If it doesn't crash, don't fix it.

Back