• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is 650W enough for my new pc

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jaspack

Hi,

i want to build my first pc, but i have some questions about the psu and the motherbord that i want to use. First i will give some specs of the choosen parts:

Sapphire Radeon HD 5850
OCZ Platinum Edition DDR3 x 2GB
intel Core i5-750 (I want to overclock the CPU to +- 4 GHz)
motherboard: asus P7P55D
water cooling installation: GIGABYTE

I was looking for a Corsair PSU of 650 W, but i'm not sure about the wattage.
When I want to overclock the CPU (and maybe also the GPU), will this PSU be enough for my new computer?

BTW: I don't know the difference between the asus P7P55D motherboard and the asus P7P55D Deluxe :eh?:. What is the best choice for the pc I want to build?

+- 4GHz? That's pretty high or pretty low :D

Also it's fine for wattage and it's a good quality power suply. If your planning to put in another 5850 you might want to bump it up to 750 or so. I always buy a high wattage PSU so I won't have to buy a new one for ages :) 850W here, only use about 500.

Thanks for the quick answers! I'll take the 650W corsair.
@ tinymouse:
I'm aiming for 4011 GHz :)

My main PC in sig + 24" LCD monitor + router gear + VOIP system....

Uses ~500W at outlet full load. Mind you that is 500W on the other side of a UPS backup system. So 650W is more then plenty for that setup ;)

Back