• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IS-7G or IC7-G NO TIME LEFT

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheNEWB

Help me decide :eek:

Is it worth the extra $80 to go with the IC7-G or should I just stick with the IS7-G. Thats $80CA. I dunno what to do and they have one of each left in stock and I asked them to put both on hold until I get there at 7.

Please quick responses.

Thanks So much,

Kam

Lonely Raven

If you traded with me please leave me Heatware Sen
Depends on what chip your throwing at it. It looks like
both are pretty fast, but I'm not sure about $80 faster.

OP
TheNEWB

TheNEWB

Lonely Raven

I'm throwin the 3.0C into it, its not a great OCer but I'v had it up to 3.3 on my friends IS7-G do you think it could do more on the IC7-G?

Thanks,

Kam

ol' man

I say if you have the extra $80 do it but if it is breaking you pretty bad I would not worry about the IC7. I like it but I am not sure if I need fire wire and extra SATA ports. The PAT is nice though for what on average a 2~5% boost?

All I want is a max overclocker. So basically how well is the IS7 overclocking. I am looking at one or the other also here.

micamica1217

ol' man,

with out many people here OCing on the IS7 all I can say by looking at reviews is....both the IS7 and the IC7 look like nice OCers.

I think that with PAT and the nice intel raid0, you'll find the IC7 a great mobo for just about any chip you throw into it.

the only sad thing is that it only has 2.8vdimm....
you'll need the best pc3500 or pc3700 mem you can find.

as you see, I'm still using the 2.4b, I'll skip the 800 chips for now and wait for the early prescotts.
this will alow enough time to wait for better mem that may run at 500mhz or better at cas2 and 2.7vdimm.

btw, at the same GHZ I only loose about 5% performance vs. a 2.4c

this could be the last mobo I buy till the end of 2004, maybe 2005.

mica

ol' man

micamica1217 said:
ol' man,

with out many people here OCing on the IS7 all I can say by looking at reviews is....both the IS7 and the IC7 look like nice OCers.

I think that with PAT and the nice intel raid0, you'll find the IC7 a great mobo for just about any chip you throw into it.

the only sad thing is that it only has 2.8vdimm....
you'll need the best pc3500 or pc3700 mem you can find.

as you see, I'm still using the 2.4b, I'll skip the 800 chips for now and wait for the early prescotts.
this will alow enough time to wait for better mem that may run at 500mhz or better at cas2 and 2.7vdimm.

btw, at the same GHZ I only loose about 5% performance vs. a 2.4c

this could be the last mobo I buy till the end of 2004, maybe 2005.

mica

Sounds like it is time to whip out the soldering gun and some data sheets.