• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is a 750W PSU enough for this build?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You are disagreeing with me, LOL! (and that is OK!). I am saying why (there is no need), and you are saying "why not"(just to have it because its $15 more)?

To each their own of course... I would rather take that $15 and take my son to Mcdonalds or put that pittance in the bank than buy something I don't, and won't, need. You would rather spend it on something you don't and won't need (but like the headroom...) We need to keep in mind we are talking about the thread starters needs...She said no SLI, and 'minor' overclocking so we spec it to that. :)

Its all good, just correcting your wattage values to perhaps paint a different picture of needs versus want. :)

Thank you everyone for your suggestions and opinions. As EarthDog and me seem to have a somewhat similar setup, I think I trust his judgement in the matter and I'm positive that 550W would be more than enough. However, yesterday I stumbled upon Seasonic's P-660 and after some thought have decided upon that one. It cost just a little bit more, so I thought what the heck. The reviews I read about it were so over-the-top fantastic, that I couldn't resist :D

Thanks again! PS. Even though this correction's two pages late... I'm not a 'he' ;)
I wasn't going to go there earlier, but I will.

If that avatar an actual pic, definitely not a he.

:D

And nice choice on the PSU.

:thup:

Okie knows his stuff, I bought the CP 850 off one of his reviews a few years back, they were new and pretty cheap att.

Back