• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is anyone here using a Vantec stealth PSU?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Crazy Jayhawk

I'm considering getting one of these later on, and I'd like to hear user experiences with them.

I've looked at the amp ratings for the 420, 470, and 520 watt units, and the only difference between them is the max amperage on the 5V line. Is it worth the extra $40 or so to get the 520 instead of the 420?

obliv

dunno, im running the 520 atm, solid lines no matter what i throw at it, imo just as good as a pcp&c psu. Very solid lines, but you really might wanna think about a full tower, cause the damn cables are long as fricking hell. and i got mine for $120 from directron.com, good price, great psu, and runs VERY quiet and cool.

stereo555

Overclocking is music to my soul
I too would like to hear from others with the Vantec 520 . I just purchased an Antec 550 for $100/delivered (but its not yet installed) ; now I have also considered the Vantec 520 due to the more amps in contains . So a.... *bump* for more responces ...... ;) (P.S..... coolerguys.com also carries the Vantec 520 for $120 **UPDATE** price is NOW $130 :( )

Last edited:

BrianH2O

I just installed mine 2 days ago. The 5V is exactly 5.0V and never varies. The 12V is 11.97 and also never moves. The AC outlet is great for powering those AC pumps for water cooling. Never have to worry about some one turning on the PC and forgeting the pump!

So far, I am very positive about this PS.

Now for my Asus motherboard, MBM 5V also says 5V but the 12V reads 11.31. In the BOIS and a voltmeter, the reading is 11.97........who to believe?

obliv

mbm5 is off, i checked voltages with a voltimeter while on load, and nothing moves; i have teh same problem with the 12v reading in mbm5; 3.3v and 5v lines are solid, while the 12v is 11.78, just a bad reading on mbm5's part. solid solid solid psu, competes with pcp&c

OP
Crazy Jayhawk

Crazy Jayhawk

Cool. Definitely grabbing one of those as soon as I have the money for it. And I have a full tower case, so cable length isn't a problem. :p