• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is Artic Silver II free?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yup, copper bottom.

Does the copper bottom sit on the CPU (or the die), or does it hover over it? Is it in contact with it?

So the layers of it (that are touching each other) would be the copper heatsink, then the artic silver (of course), and then the die of the CPU all in contact with each other. Thanks!

R0BB23 said:
you should of seen me when i first turned on the first beast i ever built.

god i was ready to puke i was so nervous.

LOL ROBB23, I think you speak for all of us !
I just knew sparks and smoke were gonna be flying when I pushed that button on my first rig.:beer:

Slake said:

LOL ROBB23, I think you speak for all of us !
I just knew sparks and smoke were gonna be flying when I pushed that button on my first rig.:beer:

Did they? I hope I do fine...

res0r9lm said:

I guess it depends on which site you put more faith in overclockercafe.com or overclockers.com. if it's overclockercafe.com what are you doing here?

It doesn't hurt to be informed.

Whenever I decide to buy anything electronic, I go to multiple sites and read every review I can find. To rely on just one source could end up costing you more in the long run in replacements. Caviat emptor is still good advice.

there is so much many reviews comparing the two hsf's that a person can't make heads or tails. one site say alpha's better than another says swiftech is better. IMO present cpu's don't put off enough heat to make a difference between the two.

Very good point.

To be honest, I got the Alpha because it was so close to the performance of the Swiftech MC462 at half the price. By the time I got a tube of AS3 and a good fan, I was still comfortably under the MC462 price. If I could have afforded it I would have got the Swiftech, but right now I'm kinda on a small budget.

Lou Natic said:
Very good point.

To be honest, I got the Alpha because it was so close to the performance of the Swiftech MC462 at half the price. By the time I got a tube of AS3 and a good fan, I was still comfortably under the MC462 price. If I could have afforded it I would have got the Swiftech, but right now I'm kinda on a small budget.
I using a mcxc 370 on my tbird it cools just as good. paid $45 + $6 for as3. heck some people using water aren't getting that good

i got mine 260mhz uped
at the same cpu temp.
and a higher vcore.

with a mc462a (which i bought on sale for 55$)
using as3

i got the mc462a because it was compatible with my mobo without
the sanding of a corner like i would of had to done with the pal.

res0r9lm said:

I using a mcxc 370 on my tbird it cools just as good. paid $45 + $6 for as3. heck some people using water aren't getting that good

It's good to know I'm going with a good HS&F...

R0BB23 said:
i got mine 260mhz uped
at the same cpu temp.
and a higher vcore.

with a mc462a (which i bought on sale for 55$)
using as3

i got the mc462a because it was compatible with my mobo without
the sanding of a corner like i would of had to done with the pal.
I think I could do better with a delta fan. was getting 22c on duron 800 using mc462 with 120w pelt and that is without cold plate bolted down until I broke lead off. going to try again when I get another one

yah i just got me a new delta,
but being they very very very very very forgetful person i am,
i forgot to get the 3pin to 4pin converter:rolleyes:

the delta came with a 3pin mobo connector,
dont know why, they know you can connect it to the mobo
unless you want to fry it.
so i had to buy a converter to connect it the psu

Back