• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is ATI locking the x850Pro card now?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Internal

I'm a AGP owner that's desperate to max out his AGP port.

I want x850speeds and 16 pieplines but I've heard some of the cards are locked.

HousERaT

Senior Air Extraordinaire
Internal said:
I'm a AGP owner that's desperate to max out his AGP port.

I want x850speeds and 16 pieplines but I've heard some of the cards are locked.
:welcome: to the forums......

My understanding is many of the AGP cards unlock and none of the PCI-E cards will.

chris64

Disabled
I just purchased a BBA x850pro retail box and it unlocked perfectly to 16 pipes on first try. Also clocked right up to with volt mods to about 635/625.

Also this was agp and i bought the card about 5 days ago from a local store.

OP
I

Internal

Thanks guys.

Mind if I ask what BBA means?

Also, I've found the trick is to find a video in video out version of the AGP and it is unlockable.

That best buy deal on the x850pro for $229 is a steal.

I'm going to pick one up tonight or tomorrow.

Even if it doesn't work out or if even I fry it, best buy appears to have a 100% refundable warrenty.

You really can't go wrong it seems.

Happy overclocking( and unlocking) all, I know I have and will be again as soon as I get that card.

This will go almost too well with my overclocked 3200+ to 2.6ghz.

grumperfish

Internal - would love to hear if the flash worked, as some of the AGP BBA cards from Best Buy haven't worked lately apparently. I'm thinking about getting one and trying to mod it (getting bored with the 9800pro), but I won't be able to get one until early next week. With that price it's worth getting it even if it doesn't unlock.

OP
I

Internal

I'm going under the assumption that the people who didn't get it to work either didn't buy a VIVO or only tried once and gave up.

There seems to be stories of guys having to do it more then once to finally get it to flash.

I've also seen guys repost saying they figured out what they were doing wrong and now it works.

At the very worst I'll take it back and get a refund and buy the one on newegg for $289.

Seems that one is working for people.

chris64

Disabled
Make sure when u get it to look in the box on the back to see if its a VIVO.

And use the instructions here in the ati forums sticky for flashing, they work perfectly.