• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

>< Is Crysis Warhead actually beatable without cheats?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tinymouse2

OK so I've got up to the part where you drive behind o-neil (I think) but he keeps dying. He says "protect me" but no-one else is in the carthing with me... I've tried re-installing the game but still no-one else is there... I've tried all the patches but STILL no luck.

Is there meant to be another person in the car? Or is o-neil meant to be with me?
What am I missing?

Neural Net

OK so I've got up to the part where you drive behind o-neil (I think) but he keeps dying. He says "protect me" but no-one else is in the carthing with me... I've tried re-installing the game but still no-one else is there... I've tried all the patches but STILL no luck.

Is there meant to be another person in the car? Or is o-neil meant to be with me?
What am I missing?

He's in the jeep in front of you. From what I remember he only starts moving when you do, then carries on regardless. It's your mission to keep up and cover him.

hajalie24

What? I remember shooting when playing on delta. Assuming it's the mission where your driving and later on get to blow up a gas station.

OP
tinymouse2

tinymouse2

Hmm I just tried switching to Normal (I always play games on the hardest difficulty) and I can now shoot while driving! Quite how it's possible I don't know but I've completed the mission.

Pretty crap if you ask me... you have to be a noob to complete a game... crytek screwed up BIG time...

Neural Net

Hmm I just tried switching to Normal (I always play games on the hardest difficulty) and I can now shoot while driving! Quite how it's possible I don't know but I've completed the mission.

Pretty crap if you ask me... you have to be a noob to complete a game... crytek screwed up BIG time...

Not really, I didn't have any difficulty getting through it on Delta. In fact the train section was probably more challenging.

dfonda

Senior Golfer

I used the shift key to increase speed...(Cloud of smoke comes out exhaust lol)stayed right up on Oneil.

Then just hit the 2 key to switch to the Gun seat...take everything out. Then hit 1 and drive again . Repeat.

I am Not on Delta tho just Hard.

Try it the next time you drive and you can switch back to hard.

Last edited:

iLoki

Not really, I didn't have any difficulty getting through it on Delta. In fact the train section was probably more challenging.

This. I didn't have any trouble with the level you're talking about, well maybe a little, I probably restarted it once or twice, but I made it. (I don't remember how, but I did)

The train was a ***** though =)

I went all the way through on Delta without too much trouble. A few very difficult spots.. but nothing impossible.

rainless

Old Member
crytek screwed up BIG time...

They sure did... not on THIS game though...

On the coding and promotion of the first one.

I gotta say they improved just about everything in Warhead. Even the price! (Most places were selling it for $29.99 and it sold reasonably well from what I remember.)

Ran a little smoother than Crysis, the main character was a little less boring... no problems at all with the difficulty.

I'd say they did okay.

Though I wasn't really looking for an "action" Crysis. I sort of liked the "Choose your own adventure" nature of the first one.

OP
tinymouse2

tinymouse2

The train was lovely! I didn't find it to challenging. Just mounted the .50 cal =) Blowed everything to smithereens =D The bit in the forest (not spoiling anything) was tricky but were no match for me!

The chase scene really was the only part that I couldn't do. A mixture of bad car handling and the lack of being able to shoot ><

BeHappy

I liked warhead a lot more than the original. I thought the part following o'neil was decently easy for you to check out the graphics. There was a ton of physics action and explosions. It was sort of like a rail type part of the game.

syrian_gamer

I beat both crysis and crysis warhead on Super hard mode (forget what its called) and i was alright. i think i just had to tone it down 1 notch at the boss, but thats about it