• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is cyberdrive an acceptable CD-RW brand?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gnufsh

My brother wants to get a Cyberdrive CW038D 16x12x40 CDRW. How reliable will it be? It may, in the future, be subject to slight FSB overclocks. I need to know if this will function. Cost is definately an issue here.

Thanks,

-Dan

Cooler666

Disabled
CyberDrive has very good cd-writers, well i know that the 32x one is a repackaged lite-on and is great. 16x one maybe so aswell but you have to check.

Johan

I have a CyberDrive CW038D in my son's computer; seems to work well.

I think Cooler666 is thinking about CyberDyne drives which I see @ Best Buy and such.

Cooler666

Disabled
Johan said:
I have a CyberDrive CW038D in my son's computer; seems to work well.

I think Cooler666 is thinking about CyberDyne drives which I see @ Best Buy and such.

no i was talking about Cyberdrive their 32x is great, not sure what technology they use in the 16x though

Blackearth

my friend has the 16x, he hasnt said anything negative about it so i guess its okay. newegg.com (very good place to buy) has the 16x's for 53 bucks, and the 36x (i didnt even know there were 36x cd writers out now, prob be hard to find media that would write this fast though) is only $79!