• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is DALnet dead?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SafirXP

I can't seem to get into any of the DALnet servers! What's wrong? DoS attacks? DALnet's been getting slower & slower over the years. Last few days its been very, very slow!

Oni

Oni-ni-Kanab;, Ninja Hippo eater Moderator
DAL has been going downhill since I used to use it (I started in about '96/'97). People DDos it every now-and-then to prove they can. A while ago, I heard that the people who run DAL were sick of it, and ready to take it down. Maybe it actually happened.

gtsimmo

I havent been able to connect to Dalnet in over week. Always the same lame Cant assign address message. Someone do something!

Yodums

chris_4130 said:
do overclockers have an irc channel? though i read something about tit but cant find it now :)

No but the Folding and SETI teams have a channel.

DALNET channels:

#ocfoldingteam

and

#ocsetiteam

mbigna

Hey, Yodums...

And, YES, I have been having major problems getting onto dal.net as well.

Sorry, not allowed

Thelemac

Last edited by a moderator:

Thelemac

Administratively Deficient
Sorry mbigna, we only allow official channels to be advertised. that's not one of them.

CJ145

i'v havent had a problem getting onto Dalnet. Just use tiscali or powertech or twisted. It would be good to swhich to zirc though.

palee72

Ok, real quick question

I downloaded Trillan, so I can keep Yahoo messenger and AIM and ICQ all in one program... It has an IRC in it.. I have never been on IRC before.. anyone know how to set it up in trillian to get into an IRC??? Do I have to go to a site and register???