• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is DALnet dead?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
tiscali.uk.eu.dal.net
powertech.no.eu.dal.net
twisted.ma.us.dal.net

those are the ones CJreis listed.

If you need more just PM me

palee72,

Just pick dal.net try to connect. once you are connected type

/join #ocfoldingteam

If you have any problems just PM me and I will walk you thru it. there is also a brief how to with mIRC in this thread: http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=108580

It is the last post.

Good luck:D

what sucks for me is i cant connect to the major networks (dal/efnet) cause it says i dont have ident enabled (even tho i DO) because i am on a home network and irc does not see that. sucks i can still go on quakenet and newnet tho

Emericana said:
what sucks for me is i cant connect to the major networks (dal/efnet) cause it says i dont have ident enabled (even tho i DO) because i am on a home network and irc does not see that. sucks i can still go on quakenet and newnet tho

forward port 113 to the box that has Identd enabled. That should solve your problem.:D

DALnet recently did some things to their network that actively disables certain servers due to the constant DoSing they receive. Trying to connect to the generic servers listed in the most common IRC clients rarely work anymore so what's been needed to connect successfully is to type /server servername.whatever.net into the status bar.

I've been connecting immediately the past two days after being down nearly a week by using Tiscali, /server tiscali.dal.net. A couple others I've found to work are twisted.ma.us.dal.net and tricky.va.us.dal.net.

The server pool has been disconnected. So trying to connect to IRC.DAL.NET won't get you anywhere. You'll have to connect to the individual server. And a lot of them HAVE been taken offline apparently due to the constant DDOS attacks.

Damned script kiddies. Think they're such 1337 hax0rs cause they can run a script written by someone else. I have NO respect for them at all. I think they're just immature little brats who are trying to ruin it for everyone to prove their machismo.

Anyways, you might try this link. The guy's got a list of functioning DALNet servers that's updated hourly.

http://edk.dyndns.org/servers/

If you go to the mirc homepage, they've also got a link to a thread in their forums about this exact problem as well.

BANNED from DALnet?

I just tried getting on to DALnet via twisted and kept getting this message:

User has been banned from DALnet ([exp/identd] Due to constant abuse from this site, users are now required to install identd on their computers. Send email to [email protected] with [exp/ident] as the subject for more information.) [AKILL ID:1020723563K-a])))

What the heck is this "identd" thing and where do I get it and how do I install it?

identd is an identifaction thing... its a completely separate program... go to www.download.com and look for "identd".. this just brought up 3 results for me....

no offense, but next time, search google before you post

No offense taken, but take no offense to this either, then: YOU KNOW WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU ASSUME THINGS NOT IN YOUR KNOWLEDGE. I already did a google lookup and the results were useless (not surprisingly). I'm also going through Cerulean Studios website and forums and still not finding much of use there, either. I've posted some questions, but so far--no responses.

I come here often to get questions answered in a kind and gentle fashion. I certainly try to do the same for others. I happen to know a lot of people who use IRC on this board and thought I might get a quicker response.

BTW: idend IS BUILT INTO Trillian--not separate. I just don't know how to set it up so it will work with DALnet.

Back