• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is it better to have a fan on each side of a radiator?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EclipseJP

Im getting the black ice extreme and I was wondering if I should mount a fan on the bottom blowing up and another on the top side of it sucking, or will that cause a vacuum. I have 2 120 mm sunnon 131cfm fans and those are the ones im gunna use. Maybe thats overkill :)

nikhsub1

Unoriginal Macho Moderator
You will get better air volume thru the rad with 2 fans. Running those 2 131CFM's will be quite noisy though, I would think a couple of 90CFMs would be ideal.

Silversinksam

Moderator/ Silver Paste Taster©
nikhsub1 said:
You will get better air volume thru the rad with 2 fans. Running those 2 131CFM's will be quite noisy though, I would think a couple of 90CFMs would be ideal.

Just buy a Rheostat and use the fans you have :D

PS Waiting on UPS to deliver one part so I can get my watercooling setup FINALLY (Im using Two 130+cfm fans on boths sides of my radiator, connected to a Hoot Rheostat)

Yodums

It will definitely help. Actually those 131cfm aren't noisy at all even rated for 46dBA, you only hear the big low pitch motor upon boot up, after that you don't even notice it's there.