• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is it my routers fault

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cack01

OK I have about 350KB of bandwidth. Lets say I'm using up about 30-50 downloading and various surfing (4 people sare the conection). Its my understanding that I have a lot of bandwidth left, but yet online games such as CS will crawl even though it only needs 3-4 KB/s. Even if someone is just downloading, the internet will very slow even though by the numbers I have a lot of banwidth left. Is this due to my router just being horrible at managing packets?? If not, what could possibly be casuing this? Is this just the way it is.

Hmm, I've got a similar setup, but a bit more bandwidth, but when ppl on the 3 other computer are download stuff off say.. kazaa itll lag a bit, but its usually the server that lags not me. maybe limit their bandwdith ? if you really want more :/

THats normal dont worry. Its because your conection is NOT symetric therefore whenever the conection is being used (upload/download) there is a big latency between packets.

And yes you CANT calculate your throughout by using substraction math. For example, you have 1.5mbps download and you downloading 50kb/s your rommate WONT have 1mbps left.

MameXP

Back