• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is it possible to install 1 copy of office on 2 pc's?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

docholiday

I just built my second pc and tried installing office 2000 premium (which I paid a lot of $$$$$$ for) on it. When I went to activate it wouldn't allow saying it had already been registered on another pc (my first one). Are there any work arounds to this or am I stuck having to buy another copy of office?

It depends on the EULA. Earlier versions of Office 2000 had liscensing which allowed a copy on a home system and a portable computer. Unfortunately, you have a version with SP1 or later integrated and the EULA for that and later versions use activation and are restricted to liscensing for a single computer.

Discussion of ways to get around licensing is NOT ALLOWED.

May I direct you to This thread.

You are not allowed to install a piece of software with 1 license on multiple computers.
It is a crime.

The only exception I know to this is, as mentioned above, that in some cases the EULA for a pice of software will allow you to install on both a desktop and a laptop that are for your personal use. Check the EULA to see if this applies for your software.

But if you are trying to install it on multiple desktop computers, that is clearly NOT alowed.

Back