• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is it safe to update Windows 10?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

madman7

Is it safe now to update Windows 10? I haven't updated mine before the big update/upgrade that was causing issues. I have two HD one with Win7 and the other with Win10. I use the Win7 the most and keep it updated.

Last edited:
I believe that M$ has corrected the data loss issue with the current update. You'll need 10 GB free space on your Win 10 partition to do it,

They've corrected that data issue, anyway. I assume they're working on the automatic downgrade issue (Downgrades Pro to Home). If all else fails you can (almost) always roll back to W7 within 30 days. "Safe" is a relative term, though, especially when discussing W10.

I updated to 1809 a few days ago with no problems on three of our computers. Had plenty of drive space available on all three. I had to google for it, however. Windows update still wasn't finding it. It's available but MS is still not pushing it yet I don't think.

They pulled it back again last I checked. But running fine here since when it was put up the second time.

Looks like MS has released the Windows 10 fall feature update (1809) to the main Windows Update channel again. In working on customer's computers I've noticed that the built-in Windows 10 updater is finding it.

Back