• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is it the 2.6C or the IC7?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kayboykb

I posted this earlier but I let it go thinking that the problem was my GeForce 2 . I killed my 9700 Pro and had to use a GeForce 2.. but there was nothing but problems when I used it.

The biggest problem was when I cut on the computer my screen would show Intel Pentium 4 1.30 ghz and that's it. Usually after that sentence it lists all the IDEs and everything.. but it just freezes, I can't get into my bios at all.

I've cleared my CMOS about 50 times. So here's the thing - I JUST got another 9700 Pro Yesterday and put it in there - - still no go. GPU's not the problem..

I JUST got an 80 gig SATA Seagate Hard Drive 2 days ago.. HDD isn't the problem.

I took my sound card and lan card out . . . . they're not the problem.

I used each stick of RAM seperately . . . not the problem.

All I have left is the Power Supply, IC7 Motherboard, or my 2.6C. When I cut on the computer everything starts up normally and the motherboard beeps as it's supposed to.. but it just shows that one line and freezes after that. My keyboard dies and that's all she wrote.

What can be the problem? Did the GeForce Screw my IC7 or is my cpu blown or something?

Last edited:

Jiggahurtz

Disabled
I think its your IC7, since clearing the cmos would wipe out your overclock. Might of been something to pop on your board. Well could be your chip what kind of volts did you run through your p4?

OP
K

kayboykb

well.. I just went water cooling .. and I got up to 3.2ghz at about 1.6vc.. I thought about moving up to 1.65 and when I ran Prime 95 I got the BSOD.. so I went back down to 1.6 with the w/c. . . . .

OP
K

kayboykb

^
l l
l l
l l
l l

I can't get into the bios to do any of that, it freezes before I do.

I put in my 1.8ghz willamette from my dell pc in there and now my IC7 doesn't even beep and the screen doesn't come on .. it stays on standby mode.

OP
K

kayboykb

trying to find one now.. all I have is my dell and it only takes RDRAM. I'm gonna go get my uncle's old one later on.

OP
K

kayboykb

Okay - - I put it together out of the case on a piece of cardboard.

I put the IC7 - 9700 Pro - 1 stick of RAM and that's it..

When I got everything connected correctly I booted it up and I got the normal boot up screen..

it said Pentium 4 1.30 ghz at the top like it usually does.. then it went on and listed all my IDEs (it never got to that point earlier) and everything - and then at the bottom it said CMOS checksum error.

So I cut off the cpu, cleared the CMOS. . . and then when I booted it up the 2nd time all I got was the Pentium 4 1.30 ghz sentence at the top like it was doing before and that's it. It freezes at that one sentence every time now..

but does it mean that it might not be the mobo since it did show all the IDEs and everything on my first bootup?

OP
K

kayboykb

Hmm, well my problem is solved now. after I rebooted a couple of times it started letting me into the bios consecutively.. so I put everything back in the case.. and I have everything but the pci card and sound card in there and everything is working fine :-/ :attn:

lol I have no idea what happened, but thankfully I don't have to go through another 3 - 4 week RMA time.*

spiral529

Registered
That's pretty strange it just started working all of a sudden. I went through a pretty similar situation a few weeks ago. I couldn't get any help from anyone on the Abit boards. Whenever I powered on my system, I would get the initial boot screen and it would freeze. If I kept trying, maybe 1 out of 10 times I could get into the BIOS. I tried everything I could think of, but nothing worked. I justed ended up RMA'ing the board, which solved it. Glad you're up and running again though.