• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is it the TV?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tipycol

I use the S-Video TV out on my Kyro 64 and just recently my borrowed AIW Radeon 7500. Anyway, the picture on my Apex 24" tv looks a little like a bottle. Most of the picture is fine until maybe a quarter from the top, where it seems like the picture is getting squeezed, so that the image is closer together and there is a blank space on the sides where the image should be. Now I thought this was due to the Kyro card not being such a good tv out card, but since the 7500 also has this problem, I think it is something else. So, do you think it is the tv? Or is it something else that I can fix that doesn't require a new tv?

Thanks

Tipycol

Homer

have u tried adjusting the tv settings on ur card? were u can adjust the viewing up & down/ left & right? i usually had to set it everytime so it was center of my tv when ever i shot out to my tv when i had my AIW Pro.

OP
T

Tipycol

Well it's not a problem of position, it's just the picture seems to be put in a bottle at the top. And when I drag something in that area, like a folder or something, it get's a little wider. It's only missing like an 3cm on both sides, and only at the top. Funny thing is when I play a game it goes away and the picture takes up the whole screen. I guess it's just the TV

Tipycol

Homer

have u tried another tv? also is ur tv that ur testing on new or old? i use a old 24" magnavox which is fine to watch and play dvd's.