• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Is it worth buying?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

[email protected]

I stumbled upon a seller that sells GTX580 and GTX460 combined for about 110$, the 580 alone cost 100$ and the 460 alone cost 40$.
Now my question is : Is it worth buying? Not especially for gaming (Even though if i will like the performance of the 580 i might use it for a little while.) but for fun and for "Showing off"
If i buy the cards i buy them both, Cause.. Just for 10$ more another awesome (For the time it was released)
So, Is it worth it?

Last edited:

EarthDog

Gulper Nozzle Co-Owner
Why is this up to us? To ME it isn't worth it, but that doesn't mean it has some worth to you or someone else.

I mean, the 580 I believe would perform as good or better than your pair of 240's... but.. outside of that, you be the judge if its worth your time and money to buy it.

OP
M@rk

[email protected]

Why is this up to us? To ME it isn't worth it, but that doesn't mean it has some worth to you or someone else.

I mean, the 580 I believe would perform as good or better than your pair of 240's... but.. outside of that, you be the judge if its worth your time and money to buy it.

The GTX460 overclocked out performs the crossfired R7 240's xD
And i meant, is it worth the money for such a card for gaming at lets say 900P medium to high settings?

That 580 is 244W card, so with your PSU I would say no.

I have a cable mod that connects two PSU's together (My old micro itx PSU and the current will be total of 700Watt).

EarthDog

Gulper Nozzle Co-Owner
And i meant, is it worth the money for such a card for gaming at lets say 900P medium to high settings?
Up to you bud... its your money. :)

Id go single card over dual for the same performance though. ;)

EarthDog

Gulper Nozzle Co-Owner
Not sure off hand, I would check some reviews... :)

As a side note, I would run that 580 and 6600K at stock speeds with that Antec 450. The PSU will be close to its limits, but still under the 360W on the 12V rail(s)...(I know it isn't an issue because of your piggybacking but, wanted to mention that).

OP
M@rk

[email protected]

Not sure off hand, I would check some reviews... :)

As a side note, I would run that 580 and 6600K at stock speeds with that Antec 450. The PSU will be close to its limits, but still under the 360W on the 12V rail(s)...(I know it isn't an issue because of your piggybacking but, wanted to mention that).

Ok thanks:D
Edit:
Saw some videos and the results are fantastic for a 5-6 year old card.
Doom on ultra 1080P, Didnt drop below 19 and the drop was for a fraction of a second,45 FPS Avarage.

GTA V on max settings (Probably 1080P) runs really good for such a card.

Also found this (4Way SLI) http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/1617049

Last edited:
OP
M@rk

[email protected]

I think I will buy the GPUs and stay with the 580 for a year or so cause it meets my expectations in games, Plus its dirt cheap compared to 950.

OP
M@rk

[email protected]

What progarms should i use to test the GPUs i buy? Furmark, Heaven Benchmark, Anything else? Also a program that checks if there is any dead pixels?
Thanks! :)

EarthDog

Gulper Nozzle Co-Owner
Just use them? If there are any issues, then test against Unigine Heaven or Valley benchmarks. Stay away from Furmark.

Your eyes check for dead pixels on the monitor, LOL. Not sure if there is an application made for that, but you can use a ONE color backround and see. Not sure an application TELLS you there is a dead pixel, just that it puts up a solid color on a screen.

OP
M@rk

[email protected]

Just use them? If there are any issues, then test against Unigine Heaven or Valley benchmarks. Stay away from Furmark.

Your eyes check for dead pixels on the monitor, LOL. Not sure if there is an application made for that, but you can use a ONE color backround and see. Not sure an application TELLS you there is a dead pixel, just that it puts up a solid color on a screen.

Ok thanks :)
Im buying the GPUs used so i want to test them at the place of the dude who is selling them :p