• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is it worth the 150 bucks for IPS?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I can see your point with the TN panel. No advantage to the IPS? I have never had one.

At this price point the 150 bucks is not really a deal breaker.

These things are not that common to go and look at yourself in Canada, so it is pretty much a blind purchase. :(

The TN vs IPS personal preference really. I personally prefer IPS bit I'm not a hardcore gamer.

The advantages to IPS are mainly for people doing photo and video editing or planning on triple monitors.
On a TN you'll have faster response times.

IPS give you a better viewing angle the LCD "crystals" are perpendicular, also much better colors. It is a much more expensive process to make a IPS panel, also to make it Perform like a TN or TFT for gaming is expensive also.

I won't go back to a TN panel ever, that is the oldest technology, even though it has been updated..

I would go with the ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q 27.

Last edited:
I think he is looking for G-sync monitor for gaming? With IPS, G-sync, ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q 27 that is the newest technology.

Well if you want cutting edge you have to pay to play. MY self I don't need G-sync because I have matched all my games to my refresh rate of 60Hz perfectly using adaptive Vsync and GTX 970 1080p, and I have PLS that is close to IPS panel. If I was you I would go for it, I just did not want to have spend that much on PC gaming.

Last edited:
With the enjoyment the monitor will give you over a long period of time will make
your concerns about the extra cost irrelevant in the end. Go for it.

my dell ultra sharps are the cats meow, I think they are Ips, what ever that is, they are the only thing that I have bought that can even make angry birds look great!!!!!!!

Back