• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is my G4ti4200 fried...vertex and pixel shaders are jumpy

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wuzzapiman

its an albatron Ti4200P TURBO that has recently been acting very weird in vertex and pixel shader tests( jumpy even when not OC'd)

so when i went to put some AS3 on the core i noticed to wierd things...first off the heatsink was really lose and only had 2 pins with springs. secondly 2 opposite corners of the black outside of the core looked charred...

am i really as screwed as i think?

mbentley

Gloriously Lead, Overclockix Chief Architect
hmm... almost sounds like your heatsink came loose and it might have had a little bit of a heat problem... try cleaning it with 99% ispropyl alcohol all around the gpu and let it dry for a minute. then reapply the as3 very carefully, making sure not to get any on anything but the gpu heatspreader. good luck with your card but it sounds kinda bad :rolleyes:

OP
W

wuzzapiman

the marks were there before i put on as3 and the paste was all on the core, not just the heatspreader so thats where i replaced it.

im putting washers between the pin and springs to get it more secure...