• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is my GPU dying ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Baccarda

Greetings everyone!

My GPU is Gainward GTX 670 2GB
It has been happening for a couple of days already now that my screen is looking like this and every day it seems to be getting worse.

Untitled.png

Untitled2.png

+ I have small red, black and green dots running around my screen when i am watching videos.

I reinstalled video drivers but the same thing happens again.
I reinstalled windows and it was ok as long as i did not install video card driver.

Is there any way to fix it?

Does this happen on another monitor with the same GPU?
Does this happen if you change what display cable you're using?

Does this happen on another monitor with the same GPU?
Does this happen if you change what display cable you're using?

Yes, i've changed Displays and even tried HDMI cable, but the same thing happens again. :/

Definitely the GPU then.

Well, yes, it is GPU, but is there any way of fixing it?
I opened it and everything seemed to be alright, nothing was burned.
Should i buy a new one?
I have AMD FX 8350 4GHZ CPU and i would like to find a replacement.
What kind of card would you suggest me in a range of 160 - 200$ ?

As Atminside said it's likely the card but you may want to try pulling the heatsink off and replacing the TIM then also try running an older driver. Sometimes the newer drivers don't play nice with older cards.

As Atminside said it's likely the card but you may want to try pulling the heatsink off and replacing the TIM then also try running an older driver. Sometimes the newer drivers don't play nice with older cards.

Is there any test, from which it would be possible to tell if the card is damaged?
I made stress test to my GPU and it was running ok with a max of 87 degrees.

Is there any test, from which it would be possible to tell if the card is damaged?
I made stress test to my GPU and it was running ok with a max of 87 degrees.
Replace the TIM, make sure the heatsink is clean and try a different driver if it's still artifacting it is most likely the Gpu.

Could oven trick work? Is it worth to try? And No, i dont have warranty :/

I just red, that after doing the oven trick, I will need to buy a new oven. Is that true, or is there a safe way not to spread those deadly chemicals all over my oven ?

Yes, I have, but it is too small. Could it work if just wrap it in a foil ?

I just red, that after doing the oven trick, I will need to buy a new oven. Is that true, or is there a safe way not to spread those deadly chemicals all over my oven ?
If you can't open the windows and vent the kitchen while doing this, don't do it. It will stink up the house pretty bad.

Back