• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is my leadtek ti4400 dead ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DipStickTony

I recently ordered a leadtek ti4400 card from newegg and did some other upgrading to my computer as well:

Abit Be-6 II >> Soyo kt400 dragon unlra platinum
Celeron 700@1103mhz >> AgoiaY2013 1600+ @ 166 fsb
Gainward Geforce2 mx400 >> leadtek ti4400

I installed the ti4400 and at first it worked great. I also bought the game Earth and Beyond the same day, and ran the game at 1600x1200x32 and played for like 2 hours before it crashed to the desktop. I then left 3dmark2k1 looping overnight to make sure that my system was stable running at 166fsb(at defualt voltage, and all mem settings at default).

The videocard had NOT been overclocked yet, as I am still testing system stability.

I booted up the computer this morning, and found that 3dmark had crashed to the desktop. I went to go try and shutdown but the system was hardlocked. I rebooted and when the computer tried to post all i saw was a whole bunch of multicolored vertical lines.

I tested the video card in 2 other computers same thing, i tested the card with different monitors and the same thing still occurred.

My questions:
1. Is the card dead or is there something I can do ?

2. If it is dead should I rma it to Leadtek or Newegg ?

3. Newegg no longer has the prodcut in stock, if I do get to choose a different card, any recommendations?

Thanks for the help
-Tony

RMA city my friend. Next time keep an eye on the case temps. Chances are that they got a little high and could have killed the card, but probably NOT likey.
Rob

Well I think I have decent case temps...

I have a raidmax midtower case with:

2 x 80 mm 30 cfm each air IN (on side of case)
1 x 60 mm 30 cfm blowing air OUT (directly under psu)
2 x 80 mm 37 cfm blowing air out (psu fans)

There are 4 slots for fans at the front of the case, and I can add a blowhole if needed. I think my case cooling is decent, and my room is the basement so its always fairly cool.

Rma it to newegg, or leadtek ?

if I do Rma it to newegg...they dont have the leadtek ti4400 in stock, so any suggestion on another 4400, or should i ask for a refund and try to jump on that deal at computer geeks for the visiontek ti4600 for 199$

My only concern with that is visiontek doesnt exist...and what if my next videocard has the same fate.

well I would "call" newegg first, if they don't have it RMA it back to leadtek. You'll be sure to get a replacement of the same type then.
Rob

get rma from newegg.com.
it is superfast .
leadtek got pretty good service also but newegg is 10 time faster it happened to me also.
if the don't have it on stock they will refound your credit.
one thing that is sure is all of comp part is getting cheaper everyday so you can get better deal.

Back