• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is my motherboard damaged?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Is this happening all the time?

Do you have any software installed from MSI, Logitech, or other manufacturers?
Besides Afterburner.

Yes it happens alot in all of my games. I am playing at 1080p 144hz resh rate. Do you think it could be the ram itself? Should I uninsatall norton and see if that solves it? Should I try to unpark my cpu cores?

okay let me greater describe the stutter. Game run smoothly until i start running around then i get like a hiccup/ frame skip/ stutter. In eu4 i just get constant stutters. If i remain in the same area in a game i do not get a stutter but as soon as i start moving around and the game has to load more assets sometimes. I still have it after uninstalling my last Msi utility Fast boot and Norton.

Are the issues only when playing games or do you find even simple things like scrolling a browser up and down choppy? Can you try using the on board Gpu to see if the problem persists?

Ok I seem to get no stutters when i stress thest at 720p. On 1080p I get a slight microstutter every once a while. On 4k test i just keep getting stutters constantly. This was tested on furmark. On Heaven stress test It was running smoothly but then i started to get stutters sometimes this was benchmarked at 1080p. Do you think it is the gpu? Or Drivers? I hope it is not the gpu becaues i cannot afford another 980 and i do not know how long it would take for an RMA. And i do not want to RMA ir just to find out that that was not the cause of my issue. I already replaced the mobo thinking that was the cause.

Well it certainly sounds like it's either the Gpu or a Driver issue. Did you try the on board Gpu yet?

One thing to add is when i moved my pc power cord to another socket with a extension cord. This may sound weird but the witcher 3 stutters seemed to have reduced, only the witcher 3 though of the games i tested. Metro last light still stutter badly and eu4 stutters still. I was using a power strip with 4 other cable plugged in including a printer and monitor. Also i do not know what games to test with intel integrated graphics. Is it possible that it could be an outlet issue, bear in mind that i used the fame powerstrip with my old pc the one with the 670 and i also had a stutter issue that i could never address. The only reason i am addressing issue now is that this is the first time i spent money on a high end pc and i want to ensure it works as it should.

- - - Updated - - -

Should i try the pc in another room?

Yes it could be the power/Psu you can try plugging it directly into another outlet on another breaker in the home and see.

take back what i said i just did that with the same results. I also get display driver crashes even after i reinstalled drivers. I was getting this with the other board as well. They are not frequent but they happen. I Wish
I had another system to try the card out on. Does this go into symptoms of a faulty gpu? I still have the plastic case the gpu came in if i need to rma. Are there any more test we could do conclude the fault in the gpu since i do not have another working PC. Should I call evga about my problem?

I did my best to get rid a bloatware and i am still having stutter even when most of my resources are not in use

Capture Task manager 1.PNG

And just to clarify that it could be the graphics card I called evega and they told me to use prime95 and memtest86+. I ram prime 95 small fft for an hour and 4 minutes no errors, and then I ran the blend test for an hour and 11 minutes. Lastly I ran the memtest86+ overnight for 12 hours, it went through 6 passes with no errors. Today I will give them a call back and try to rma.

Ok so i got the rma'd card back now i have new issues. In games i play when i was getting high fps now i am getting subpar fps. In the whither 3 i went from 60-70 to 40-50 with this new card. Metro 2033 i was getting 60 fps maxed now im struggling to get 40-50 fps. Gpu usage seems to also rarely get ti 100%. Do you think a pci slot is damaged? I am using the one closest to the gpu. I do not know what to do. Reinstall OS. I already used DDU to see if it was a driver issue and reinstalled with updated drivers. My furmark scores range between 4720-4790 at 1080p 0 MSAA. Ugine Heaven benchmark is at 1644. I am just lost right now. Do you think i messed something up in the removal and reinstallation of the gpu. I had to take it out and put it in a couple times to ensure it matched the screw hole. It this seems like i have really bad luck or i just really suck at this.

Back