• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is my OC ok?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

iilija64

I am new at this, so any help is much appreciated. Is this ok?

i5-6600K CPU @ 4.4GHz
Cooler Master EVO 212 + x2 NF-A15
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD3
Corsair 16GB Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200MHz

21lj4np.jpg

fbdxrq.jpg

Last edited:

trents

Iilija64,

Have you stress tested this overclock yet? Download and install a program called Prime95. Run the "just stress testing" mode of the program. If you can run it for two hours without blue screen, spontaneous restart, lockup or having any of the cores "drop out" then it is stable. You will need to have HWMonitor open to watch temps. And by the way, please expand the HWMonitor windows so we can see more lines. You don't want your "Package" temp to exceed 95c during the stress test. Your vcore at 1.188 is very low so I would be surprised if you can pass the Prime95 stress test without having to add more voltage.

You can get Prime95 here: http://downloads.tomsguide.com/prime95,0301-48000.html This is an older version that doesn't drive temps up so high as the latest version but it will serve the purpose.

OP
I

iilija64

Yes, 4 hours, max temp was 64C. My oc is 4ghz + Turbo boost to 4.4 so 1.188 is fine. Reason i made this post was as my VCore never drops under 1,14 and my VIN1 is over 2(and i can't find anywhere what this value should be). I am total newb who is happy for now with these speeds, only i am worried i failed something, as i would like to have VCore lowered when PC is not doing anything CPU intensive.

trents

Are you using the "adapative" mode of overclocking? I think that will accomplish what you want. It stays with a lower baseline vcore which is supplemented by an "offset" and dynamically adjusts itself according to load.

Just so you'll know, anything under 1.4 vcore is generally considered safe 24/7 voltage. You are a long way from that. It seems like you have an unusually good piece of silicon there with a lot of overclocking potential.

Don't worry about VIN1. I don't know what that is but I promise you it's not something we worry about. It's probably the voltage amount of the bus feeding the socket or something like that. Doesn't mean that amount is actually being used by the cores or the cache of the CPU. It's like the water line supplying your house that is then regulated down.

Last edited:
OP
I

iilija64

http://i63.tinypic.com/15ps76s.jpg I tryed to get best air flow posible with low noise. 2x NH-A15 on EVO 212 + mx4, exhaust Silencio F120, and at front NH-A15 + Artic F14. So everything here is ok, that is relif. Thank you for your help.

Last edited: