• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is my PSU powerful enough for my system

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
OK I got 235 give or take 20 watts in call of duty modern warfare 2 and I also did the psu stress test in OCCT which stresses everything in my system and it took it up to 275 and right now at idle its sitting at 115 watts so no where near 425

Lulz at this thread and some of the poor advice given... :(

You should be just fine. If anyone looked at the PSU SPECS, one would see that it has about 336W, or most importantly, 33A on the 12v rail. While this is not the BEST PSU, it should absolutely run his rig JUST FINE. The e5200 even overclocked, likely wont even break 110W or so. And like someone correctrf tinymouse (AGAIN, wow are you off on these power guesses man!), that GTX260 216 is somewhere in the area of 150-180W.

Ram power is minimal, maybe 10W or so.

yeah man its not the best psu for my system but its super quiet it runs cool and it was cheaper than a C H E A P psu, my next upgrade will be a completly new rig so not looking for an overhead either, thanks everyone who helped out and put my mind to rest

It should be ok if you have enough amps on the +12v rail.. and i guess it should be fine since its running smooth and quite and no signs of artifacts.

12V rail voltage is easy to check. Just stick multimeter probes into an unused molex or PCI-E plug (red and black wires). But that won't give you the frequency response (what happens to the voltage when load suddenly increases or decreases), which could be important, too. Multimeter will only give you the stable value.

Back