• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is Nvidia REPLACING the Budget FX Line?????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I think Rivatuner has the softmod... but dont quote me on that.... it may have to be coupled with the hardware mod.

But Yeah I assume it would work on a NP... since the only diff from Pro to NP is the memory, 2.8ns vs 3.0 or 3.3 ns, and sometimes there is no difference.

EDIT:

Ok I just went and checked out the specs on the new rivatuner and this was part of the update.

Updated 1032-compatible SoftFireGL script for ATI FireGL drivers. Antiprotection scripts for the control panel and some other components of 1032+ FireGL drivers are now also included in RivaTuner.

IR1 thanx for finding this info! I mean this *if it really works* would be amazing! I hope that its just a software mod. I mean I dont mind doing mods at all but when it comes to expensive video cards and solder I get a little nervous. Right now though i'm excited as hell and I think I'm going to wait a little for more information to come out on it. Hopefully its revealed soon.

Dude the 5600 Ultra is by no means a bad card at all. I just sold my Chaintech GF4 Ti4600 for $150 and bought the ONLY FX 5600 ultra on the market right now which is the Leadtek WinFast A310 128MB and this thing r0x! It beats all my scores from my Ti4600 and it comes stock @ 350/700Mhz clock but I'm running it no probs @ 375/925! I've played alot of games today on it including Quake 3, BF1942, Splinter Cell, UT 2003, Unreal 2, Vice City, Moto GP 2, Rallisport Challenge, and the new Colin McRae Rally 3 demo and ALL of them ran silky smooth and fast @ 1024x768 with all max settings. I even ran alot of them with 8X AA and 8X Aniso and they still ran great! I'm so incredibly amazed at how great this $200 card is! I was upgrading all of my system and just for the heck of it decided I'd sell my GF4 to buy an FX 5600 Ultra just to play around with until the NV40 this winter. I have now decided I'm gonna just keep this badboy until next year (past the NV40) because it REALLY runs great, no lies. If you look at benches of the 5600 Ultra on HardOCP and Tomshardware you'll see in the Doom 3 benches it was giving 50fps and Tom even mentioned how he surprised at how well it faired. But note that was at the default speeds of 300/700 and on a 3.06Ghz 533bus CPU so I'm expecting 60fps+ on Doom 3 and I'm sure about the same on Half-Life 2 and S.T.A.L.K.E.R. There is a revised version of the 5600 Ultra coming out that will run @ 400/800 stock but there should be no reason for me to ditch this Leadtek A310 since I'm getting 375/925 on it! I just compared 3DMark 2k1 scores and I'm literally within a few hundred marks below alot of FX 5800 scores and beating Radeon 9500/9600 scores by a good margin. Check out my 14305 3DMark score @

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=6561481

and my 3DMark 2k3 score was 3784 beating my old Ti4600 score of 1898.

Anyway I know this sounds crazy but trust me, if you are looking to buy a $200 card right now, either get the Leadtek WinFast A310 Ultra now from Newegg.com or just wait a bit for the revised 5600 Ultra. You will NOT be disappointed one bit!

Last edited:
DarkOneX said:
Dude the 5600 Ultra is by no means a bad card at all. I just sold my Chaintech GF4 Ti4600 for $150 and bought the ONLY FX 5600 ultra on the market right now which is the Leadtek WinFast A310 128MB and this thing r0x! It beats all my scores from my Ti4600 and it comes stock @ 350/700Mhz clock but I'm running it no probs @ 375/925! I've played alot of games today on it including Quake 3, BF1942, Splinter Cell, UT 2003, Unreal 2, Vice City, Moto GP 2, Rallisport Challenge, and the new Colin McRae Rally 3 demo and ALL of them ran silky smooth and fast @ 1024x768 with all max settings. I even ran alot of them with 8X AA and 8X Aniso and they still ran great! I'm so incredibly amazed at how great this $200 card is! I was upgrading all of my system and just for the heck of it decided I'd sell my GF4 to buy an FX 5600 Ultra just to play around with until the NV40 this winter. I have now decided I'm gonna just keep this badboy until next year (past the NV40) because it REALLY runs great, no lies. If you look at benches of the 5600 Ultra on HardOCP and Tomshardware you'll see in the Doom 3 benches it was giving 50fps and Tom even mentioned how he surprised at how well it faired. But note that was at the default speeds of 300/700 and on a 3.06Ghz 533bus CPU so I'm expecting 60fps+ on Doom 3 and I'm sure about the same on Half-Life 2 and S.T.A.L.K.E.R. There is a revised version of the 5600 Ultra coming out that will run @ 400/800 stock but there should be no reason for me to ditch this Leadtek A310 since I'm getting 375/925 on it! I just compared 3DMark 2k1 scores and I'm literally within a few hundred marks below alot of FX 5800 scores and beating Radeon 9500/9600 scores by a good margin. Check out my 14305 3DMark score @

Anyway I know this sounds crazy but trust me, if you are looking to buy a $200 card right now, either get the Leadtek WinFast A310 Ultra now from Newegg.com or just wait a bit for the revised 5600 Ultra. You will NOT be disappointed one bit!

Bad card? no good card? noooo Mediocre card? Right on

Yep it rox. This other guy in the forums, Walldow, can run his Leadtek A310 Ultra @ 400/1000. I'd definetely say this is an amazing $200 card.

No bs, I feel this is an incredible card for $200. I generally spend $400 on my video cards, this is the first time I've ever spent so little on a new video card and I'm just very impressed with the results is all. I didn't wanna spend much and definitely didn't want an ATI card after hearing stories from my 2 co-workers that have the 9700 Pro.

And hawkeye_wx, the only real diff is it's clocked @ 400/800. But I'm running this @ 375/925 so there would be no good reason for me to have waited and bought the new one. If the new one is able to run @ 500/1000 with no problem then I'll just sell this one for $200 on egay and buy the new one for $200, no big deal.

dark, what is wrong with your co-workers' 9700pro cards? I have heard very little bad stuff about ATI's newer cards.

Atari, kinda going with what IR1 said, i have a geforce3 ti 200, and i got the divers to see it as a quadro dcc, but it was a pain to get it working the first time. Give me a holler if you need more info on the subject, cause it can be a little tricky, since there are no definate guides for the geforce 3 line.

PLEASE READ ALL OF FIRST POST! GeForce 3 SPECIFIC ONLY

I managed to get my Gainward GeForce 3 Ti 200 to be seen as a Quadro DCC, and as to one reply... THERE ARE NO DEFINATE GUIDES FOR THE GEFORCE 3 LINE. And as stated in my original post, i asked that all replies be for GeForce 3 specific. I hope people learn to read these days, and i am well aware that the Quadro is not meant for gaming. I do gaming on the side, CAD work and 3d stuff as well. Or what the quadro is for. I also overclocked my gf3 card to quadro dcc specs, and so far.. no instability.

Not to mention i have an old cpu heatsink and fan on there, way better than stock. But i did manage to get it working. As for any difference, I cannot say any as of yet.

DarkOneX said:

Id like to know what your ti4600 got in 3DMark01SE, cause the new one dont really mean jack to me.

Wow, it really is a nice card. Once the price drops a bit it might even be worth recomending.

I wish they would have compared AA quality tho. I'd like to make sure the blurry AA of the 5900 was just a bug before I recomend it to anyone.

ps to anyone who is looking stay away from the old version of the 5600 ultra. It has some of the same problems that the 5800 ultra had. Here is Anand's article on it:

http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.html?i=1797

Last edited:
Back