• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

is OCZ good ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Desperado84

i have
Asus A7N8X (Nforce 2)
Athlon XP 2400+
GeForce 4 Ti 4400 (Leadtek)

i was thinking of getting OCZ 3200 with copper heat spreader from Newegg for a little under 100
is this worth it ?
will it make a big difference from 2100 ram ?
thanks

I have 2 sticks of 1066 RDRAM and have had no problems with it at all. Now, I haven't overclocked it at all but currently I'm not having any problems with it. I think it's just like anything else, bad batches happen and the company gets a negative mark for awhile. I've read reviews where people weren't having problems and some that were.

I think they are trying to clean up thier act.

I have 2 sticks of PC3500 EL CAS2 from them. They seem to work great at 2-3-2-6 with scores in the 3150+ in Sandra.

Yes, they may be a gamble right now until their rep firms up a bit more. But if they are cheaper and "do ya feel lucky", maybe they are worth a try.

I was looking for some good ram for an Nforce2 board, too, and came across this ram, but i decided to go with GIEL. SCREW YOU COSAIR!

**Gets ready for a flaming**

I have a 512mb stick of OCZ pc2700 rev 3.2. Memory timings are excellent, CAS2, 2-2-5-2 1t timings, running it on a msi max2-fir 845pe chipset board. I've never had one problem with this, but people have complained in the past that there were problems. They seem to have turned things around with their new DDR memory.

as i have said about 100 times: buy corsair if you want the best!

Back