• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is PAT disabled on the new AI7

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wingman99

Is PAT disabled on the new AI7 did Intel put a stop to the new north bridge chip 865 version 2.0 totally blocked bypass can some one verify this. that is what i have ben reading on some forms. some people have ben reporting 5% slower bench scores.

No, i do not believe that PAT is enabled on the AI7. But the AI& has its own features which help improve the memory. This new feature is called GAT short for Game Accelerator Technology. You can, depending on your memory, eneable features of this to stress your memory to run faster and tighter.

Raven

The AI7 will never be as fast as an 875 chipset based board. I had one for a week, tested it, sent it back. It worked fine, but benchmarks were noticeably lower, especially cpu scores. The memory performance of this board rivals even those of the highly touted Asus boards.

thanks for the reply that helped to make my decision im just going to have to wait for Prescott

Back