• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is PHP The Way To Go?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

triflux

Disabled
Is PHP the way to go? I have learned C and C++ but I need a server side program that can create complex programs, such as user accounts etc...

I was wondering if I should go with PHP or perl. Perl seems a bit out of date and PHP seems a bit too new ahhhh

C/C++, PHP, Perl, ASP, doesn't matter!

You can build user account systems and other complex programs with them all!

that's what I was thinking C/C++ personally takes me too much time for server side web apps.

I think I will go for PHP thanks for the info XW

thanks drunkmonkey it is almost sad how easy this is I feel stupid learning this. PHP is obviously advanced though I mean the logic put into it is great. Finally a great extension on html not only that but the numerous other features. Though I am not sure if perl has a longer learning curve (bet it does) but I can make complex user accounts in php anyhow

thanks

When I think of Perl I think of regular expressions and my hats off to anyone that can do those. They're so useful yet unfriendly.

PHP is as easy as you let it be. i've had troubles with it in the past because i'd try and do something so easy the hard way and vice versa. if you know C++, you can easily pick up PHP. but making user accounts isn't complex, it's quite easy ;)

ahhh thanks for the input fosh, that is interesting the way you went about php etc... I just hope to learn the syntax in all as I tried with html and passed scripting languages.

though I am not sure how long that will take but I will try to do it quickly.

I think you will find that PHP is fairly "C-like" in the syntax and with your background it should be even easier for you to pick up than, say, VBScript. Yes, it's pretty powerful - we use it at work in certain instances when VBScript just can't do the job.

Adovbs

Back