• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is Superlocked a common term?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mastametz

This is kinda offtopic, but i got into an argument, bcuz i claimed that superlocked was a common term for a cpu that is internally locked and cannot be unlocked with any mod (that we know of). (i know hard locked is used more, but that's not the question) So...subject is pretty self explanatory.

emboss

When referring to the multiplier/L2 die-lock on recent AMD chips, superlocked is a reasonably common term (I prefer the use of die-locked, as that avoids any sort of ambiguity as to what's being referred to). However, (non-ES) Intel CPUs are usually just called locked (or die-locked) as opposed to "superlocked".

Docta_Z

When I go to work in the morning, I make sure my house is superlocked, so no one can get inside and steal my computer.

Seems common enough. :)

ChampsElysees

Registered
Docta_Z said:
When I go to work in the morning, I make sure my house is superlocked, so no one can get inside and steal my computer.

Seems common enough. :)

If thats how we're interpreting this, then I superlock all the time, not only on computer software but things like my car, house, stash, ect. :p

Sterculus

I suppose it is, since if you say 'my AMD is superlocked' people (at least here) will know what you're talking about. I suppose I use it sometimes, other times I just say locked, and kinda assume from the rest of the context people know I'm talking about the new AMD chips, but whatever. In conclusion to all the rambling, yes I would say it is.