• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is the ANTEC TWELVE HUNDRED really Full Tower or Mid Tower ATX?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shaitan000

Registered
For my new upcoming system I wanted to ensure to get a large enough case, for too long have I been plagged with a Mid-Tower ATX case where everything almost fits and temperatures reach the boiling point.

Therefore I did some quick research and found a case that I thougth fit my needs perfectly (panel on top, full tower, no front door I need to open)...
ANTEC TWELVE HUNDRED Ultimate Gaming Case

From what I can see (on Newegg for example) this case seems amazing, Full ATX Tower with 5x 120mm & 1x 200mm fans, ample room for my system and still a lot of free space for good ventilation - I was sold...
But this morning I was looking for good prices and noticed some stores had this case listed as a MID-TOWER ATX... and that had me worried...

So - I wanted to ask the experts - which is it? Full- or Mid- ?
And of course - while I am at it - what does the general population think of this computer case?

Anyone actually own one or know for sure? Or have something else they would recommend (for the $172 CDN cost)...
Any advice or information would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,

[Profile]
CPU: INTEL Core 2 Quad Q9450
MOTHERBOARD: Asus X48 DDR2/DDR3 (still debating on which one)
VIDEO: ASUS/SAPHIRE 4870 (Arctic AccelS1 rev2 with dual fans)
RAM: 2x2G OCZ DDR2/DDR3 (still debating on which one)
HDD: 4x Western Digital SATA2 500GB
2x Western Digital PATA 320GB

Does classification really matter? Other than for searching through Newegg :p
Just take a look at the size specs and you're good to go :beer:

It's nice and tall, but personally I find it short from the front to the back.
It looks rather out of proportion. A friend of mine owned one for a short time before trading it in and going to the Cosmos S. The clearance from his GTX 280's and the hard drives was a little close being that it is classified as a full tower case. If it were a bit longer I think it would look much more balanced and would also be much easier to manage the hardware inside.

It's nice and tall, but personally I find it short from the front to the back.
It looks rather out of proportion. A friend of mine owned one for a short time before trading it in and going to the Cosmos S. The clearance from his GTX 280's and the hard drives was a little close being that it is classified as a full tower case. If it were a bit longer I think it would look much more balanced and would also be much easier to manage the hardware inside.

Thats funny because you got so many places to put hds unless you are running more 6 of them, that shouldnt be a problem.

I got my RiR (raptors in raid), on the bottom section and the middle section is clear for all cards I even have enough room to mount the back fan in front of my 280. Which is of course among the largest of cards.

I've got a 1200 and honestly, it's friggin huge. I have a 9800 GX2, 2 hard drives, a wireless card, and a zalman 9700 in it.........and it looks freakin empty. The saving grace of this case is the room for expansion, awesome air cooling, and room to hide all my cables!!!

The front ports have like 40 cables (extreme exaggeration) dangling from them. If you don't want to worry about having too little space than get the 1200. Honestly, I think an antec 900 would have suited me fine, but I think this 1200 will last me for 5-7 years as long as nobody decides to break away from the ATX form factor.....

Back