• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is the case color make a big impact

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BUBBLE

Few days ago my machine used to reside in a full tower casing which I painted with black cover. I've fixed a 120mm fan in that machine to exhaust the air too. But somehow in that machine cpu idle temp used to be between 50-55 c but later i switched it to a medium sized casing which is having silver color and now the temps seems to be soo good. Earlier it started with 35c now according to the temp it's residing in 46c.
So my question is why is that machine gave high temp when it's resding in the big casing? Is the back color make a big impact for the temp?

johan851

Insatiably Malcontent, Senior Member
The black color shouldn't have any impact on the temperatures at all...that would apply mostly in an environment like sunlight, as black absorbs light. There's really not enough powerful light around your computer to make the absorbtion of that light have an effect on temperatures.

My guess would be that the smaller case has better airflow around the CPU socket. What was the fan setup like in each case?

OP
BUBBLE

BUBBLE

Mabye you're right I think. Earlier in my case it doesn't have any adtional fan near the cpu to blow out the air only a 120 ne aboe the psw. But in this small one I've one 80mm fan fixed to eahuast the hot air to out. I carefully checked for a casing which having 2 80mm fan holes near the cpu area and this one is having but didn't went on fixing 2 at the moment thinking to balance the incoming one and the outgoing one. Anyway I may think I might have got some performance from the heatsink compund I applied to the cpu. I go tthem down to the notebook cmputers but thought to try it out on my desktop cpu also.