• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

is the eheim 1048 worth the $$$$

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

drewthomas14

the via 1300 i heard puts off a bit more heat buts its smaller and half as much. which one is better pricing and performance considered?

Last edited:

grim

i dont have a 1048 but i have heard that they are pretty silent and put off very little heat. mario reviewed it on wc101.com but that part of the site seems to be down due to server problems wc101 is having. i have the 1250, the 1048's bigger brother and its pretty quiet and doesnt put out much heat.

The Spyder

i have both~ i think the via aqua is a little louder and warmer..... and the ehime has the same head, its quieter and cooler :)

nikhsub1

Unoriginal Macho Moderator
If you have the $$$ to spend, definately get the eheim!!!! The best, most reliable pump I have ever owned! I also have/had (hey spyder, don't you have my 1048:D) the 1048 and the 1250, both silent!

OP
drewthomas14

drewthomas14

thanks. im 14 and wont have my sys built till feb b/c i need to get a job. but money shouldnt be an issue when i get one since i dont have bills to pay or anything.

frostmeister

Yo. I've got the 1046 and 1250. I ran the 1250 in a sink full of water and could only hear the water swelling where it was pumping so fast. Definitely a good pump. My freind who's into marine tropical aquarium's ran one for a year, 24/7 and thought he'd better turn it off and clean it. Took it apart, and all the bits were fine. Put it back together, and it's still going strong a year later.