• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is the EK Predator series all that and worth the premium?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
If you're planning on running this on your 8320 with 2x 970's you'll run out of radiator... Just an FYI.

I'm still waiting for EK to add the ability to put another radiator in line.

If you're planning on running this on your 8320 with 2x 970's you'll run out of radiator... Just an FYI.

I'm still waiting for EK to add the ability to put another radiator in line.

This will open up a lot more options if/when they do. I can't imagine they would release a 240 Predator now with QDC's and not continue on to let us add more rads..... has to be in the works.....

Yes - you pay extra for the prefill service and the attachment of the quick disconnect.

The tech support at EK is really good...and very responsive. I asked all sort of questions from them. Their "rule of thumb" for radiator size is one 120 mm rad per heat unit...plus one more. So, if you are just cooling a CPU, they recommend 2x120 mm or their 240 mm AIO. If you are doing a CPU and a GPU, they recommend 3x120 mm or their 360 mm AIO.

This is more aggressive than the standard recommendation here of one 120 mm radiator per 100 W.

I asked EK support about going to a second GPU in the future...and they did not recommend using the predator 360 for 2 GPU and a CPU.

Well there goes my idea out of the water

Here is a copy of the email chain:

Hello Xxxxx,

The Predator 360 would work just fine for cooling one CPU and one GPU. A good rule of thumb for watercooling is to have 120mm of radiator for each component and an additional 120mm per loop. By this logic, a Predator 360 would be perfect for one CPU and one GPU. Please feel free to contact us with any additional questions.

Thank you,

EKWB USA Support

Dec 10, 18:55

Thanks Ryan.

Will the Predator 360 support the overclocked CPU and the 980 ti GPU (probably overclocked)?

Thanks.

Hello Xxxxx,

Sadly we do not recommend ordering and adding 2x pre-filled GPU water block to the Predator unit.
This way you will not get the optimal performance from the unit and the QDC fittings are quite big and usually there is not enough space between the cards, so you will have a hard time fitting everything together.
To get a bit more information on the radiator size needed for the system, please read the following - https://ekwb.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/205235861-What-size-radiator-do-I-need-for-my-system-

If you would like to watercool 1xCPU + 2xGPU I would recommend getting a custom loop or one of our KITs and than you can simply add couple of needed products (additional radiator, fittings...) and you are set.
https://shop.ekwb.com/catalogsearch/result/index/?limit=36&q=ek-kit

Please feel free to contact us with any additional questions.

Thank you,

EKWB USA Support

Back