• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

is the inside of this pc P & C P.Supply more like an ANTEC or FORTRON?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dustybyrd

check this link out:

http://www.pcpowercooling.com/pdf/Turbo-Cool_510_vs.pdf

i have the 530 watt fortron and i haven't taken it apart (don't want to now that it's in the machine and functioning)...but i was wondering if the insides of this PC P&Cooling power supply looks like the Fortron or the Antec 530 or 550 watt power supplies...

just because so many people have posted about PC P&Cooling supplies actually being repackaged ANTECs or Fortrons...

latinag

Registered
They must have added weights to my repackaged Antec 550 because it weights a lot more than my real Antec 550.

surlyjoe

just because you can custom order PSU's with tons of options makes me think that they manufacture the PSU's onsite... that or they are having them custom made to thier specs on a per unit basis somewhere :rolleyes:

Hookem

Rumor control has it flying around that the PC Power and Cooling supply's look exactly like the Fortron/Sparkle psu's...;)

Rafterman223

I highly doubt that they're just repackaged or relabaled Fortron/Sparkle PSUs. There were some reviews in MAximum PC and CPU Mag and they showed that the PC Power & Cooling PSUs having better results than the Antec or Fortron/Sparkle PSUs.

stool

They do use customized Sparkle PSUs(at least they always did in the past). They get stock ones and modify them to their specs.

Since87

Take a look at this backside view of a FSP300-60PLN taken from www.power4pc.com

FSP300-60PLN%20BACK.JPG

Looks somewhat similar to the picture of the PC P&Cooling supply linked in the first post.

star882

Disabled
It also looks like my 250w Dell PSU.
I still think the Dell PSU is a modified Antec Truepower because it's virtually silent and the rails are almost perfect.

OP
dustybyrd

dustybyrd

found this post at 2cpu.com claiming they are made by Zippy and Sparkle (SPI)/Fortron:

"I think they are made by Zippy.

edit:

Just looked on google, and found one reference ( http://www.jerrypournelle.com/archives/archivesmail/mail68.html#PCcool ) to PCP&C psu's being made by both Zippy and SPI depending on model.

Also, I happen to be running 2 redundant 400w SPI and a redundant 350w Zippy, which have been running flawlessly 24/7.

Last edited by jschuricht on 06-01-2003 at 05:57 AM