• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is the multiplyer on 2.4C changable

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shook

For the new P4's 800mhz fsb, is the muliplyer changable?

how can you overclock a 2.4C to 3ghz and up when the muliplyer is 12? (12x200 = 2400) and the best DDR memory out right now is DDR 466 so (12x233fsb = 2796ghz) is probably the max?

I have a P4G8X deluxe and 2.53 ghz CPU. Only 2 months old. I'm thinking of selling it but having a hard time trying to sell it cus no one seems to want it. I will lose a lot of $ since prices droped so much and i bought it pretty expensive :( I want to replace it with a P4C800 and a new cpu. I'm really fustrated right now.

-=Mr_B=-

you got memory speed dividers, and you got good quality memory taking a "bit" of overclocking, aint you ever been running a PC100 stick on 133? :- )

TC

Senior Seti Addict
The bios allows you to select different memory to front side bus ratios. Rather than keep a 1:1 ratio you will need to choose a lower ratio to allow your ram to remain within a reasonable speed range as you ramp the fsb up.