• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

is there a coaxial connector on any of the audigy cards?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

William.E

i want a card with coaxial connection, it looks like the audigy, audigy 2, etc, digital connection is through a minijack to digital din converter or can i connect with coaxial cable?

JCLW

You just need to make a mono 1/8" minijack <-> coax adapter. Or pick one up at radio shack. If you do make it yourself make sure you use 75ohm coax cable.

Keep in mind if you do this you'll only get PCM stereo from games and MP3s. You'll only get 4.1/5.1/6.1/7.1 AC3 from DVDs.

OP
W

William.E

i want it for games really, i really like my speakers and sound quality has suffered going from soundstorm with optical connector to k8n through coaxial connector, b.t.w, the optical connection on the board is absolute crap, i just get a lot of noise from it, is there nothing i can do apart from getting new speakers?