• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is there a way to change the START button color in WinXP?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gingo

I'm sick of the green start button in Win XP. Especially with the silver color scheme. I was thinking a dark red would look good, or even a matching silver. Is there a way to do it?

baqai

why don't you simply change the theme ?? check out www.themexp.org you can find several intresting themes which can change the out look of your win XP

check out mind

baqai.jpg

OP
gingo

gingo

Thats cool but I generally like to keep a clean system without loading too much junk onto it. how much extra memory do the themes eat up?

OP
gingo

gingo

Yeah, it seems to be down....

There is another one, themexp.info or something..

Guero

Your Sig says folding for Team 32 but your CPU usage is 21 percent! Oooooooohh!!! Say it ain't so! No wasting cycles!

baqai said:
There is no such thing as a stupid question

FATAL ERROR!! MIND.EXE NOT FOUND!!!

I'm an Ethical overclocker, Are you?

Folding For Oc.com Team 32

1.4 Ghz Athlon Tbird, Asus A7V133, 512MB Kingston SDRAM 133 Mhz, Aopen Geforce4 Ti4200 128 MB VIVO,
SbLive Value, Seagate Barracuda Ultra ATA 100 80GB, Seagate 40 GB,
Plextor CDRW 12/10/32, Aopen 16X DVDROM, Asus 50X CDROM, Gateway 2000 EV900 19" Monitor, Microsoft Natural Pro Keyboard, Microsoft Intelli Explorer Optical Mouse, Creative DTT2500 5.1, Windows XP Pro

Tamasha_Strife

Hmmm I downloaded the theme but I dont get the flashy taskbar. All I get is the wallpaper. The taskbar, the tittlebars and the scrollbars all revert to ugly Classic windows style. How do I fix that?

eh?

you have to either download xp styles or stlyes xp, i can't rember what its called. or just hack the uxtheme.dll either way they are both on that site

zachj

Chainsaw Senior
By the way, the uxtheme.dll thing that is available from the website so you don't have to install all that crap is not SP1 compatible is it? It sure won't work on mine and I have no desire to install that crapware (I've already got too much running at start up).

Z

Tamasha_Strife

Hey I downloaded Samurize and its pretty wicked!!!
baqai I was wondering where you got that layout, I can't find it on the Samurize site... Did you make it yourself? If so could you post it on here? Im sure a lot of people would love that. If you can't host it somewhere e-mail it to me ([email protected]) and I'll do it for you.