• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is there any piece of software for making Random MP3 audio CD's??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

beau_safken

I have been trying to find a good piece of software that will take all my MP3's and make a random playlist so I can burn a totally random CD to listen while in the car. I really dont want to have any choice in what I am listening to, just to be suprised. Any ideas guys?

*Edit* This may be the wrong forum for this topic.... DOH *Edit*

Last edited:

Steve978

how many songs do you have... you can fit quite a few songs on a CD if you have an MP3 CD player. Why not just burn all your songs then hit shuffle...

tom10167

Another thing you could do is open up your folder where you keep your songs, and click "sort by size" and just start grabbing songs.

Or you could just randomly scroll around while holding CTRL and clicking on various songs.

Como

personally i'd take a winamp list, and put all of your mp3's in it. then randomise on startup (oe was this my dos mp3 player w/ the randomise?) and gram as many that will fit starting at 1.

OR, if i had time, i'd learn to make a VB program that grabs random mp3's and copys them to a location, then use your fav burner to make a cd out of them. if the program was complicated enogfuh you could probly even make it pick enough to just fill a CD.

If you have the cash, though, just get an mp3 disk player so you can put around 400-600 mp3's on a disk (okay, so i got my 450 on 2 cdrw's in directcd mode, i dont know howmany will fit on a regular disk) and set it for shuffle, that would give you plenty of randomness.

OP
beau_safken

beau_safken

Thanks guys I will try the sort by size one and some others. I dont have an MP3 player at the moment but these are great ideas for when I do.

Thank you