• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

is there any possibity to unlock the multiplier

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cool disel

Registered
how r u all doin :) ?
i got only one Q:
is there any possibity to unlock the multiplier on my motherboard?
currently i'm using K8N Neo V2.0 :rolleyes:

what1.JPG

and running AMD 64 2600+ on it :clap:

what.JPG

oh yeah i forgot to ask about the temp:

is 30 Idle and 34~36 load is normal in such a low speed :confused: ? or is it some kind of overheat :burn: ???

martinjon666

your temps look fine, i am assuming you want to up your multi so you can get a higher oc. What are you using for cooling? Temps may be fine now but when you start pumpin more juice into that guy things might get a bit warm.

OP
C

cool disel

Registered
martinjon666 said:
your temps look fine, i am assuming you want to up your multi so you can get a higher oc. What are you using for cooling? Temps may be fine now but when you start pumpin more juice into that guy things might get a bit warm.

yes and i'm using air cooling SI-97A
but soon i'm planing to upgrade it to water cooling :clap:

but my problem is i can't find the multiplier is my cell menu :shrug:

martinjon666 said:
Oh Yeah!

WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanx

TollhouseFrank

Senior Headphone Guru
you'll need to do the OC from BIOS.

We also need some more specs about your system. What FSB/HTT are you running now, what speed is your RAM, and what are your ram settings? (like CAS, Tras, etc).

From there, we can help you tweak settings, help you figure out the appropriate voltage to set everything to to keep it stable, and help you to test the system to make sure it is 100% stable.

**edit**

oops... seems you CPU-Z pic shows that. You are gettin' an AWFULLY good OC with that low of voltage on the CPU. CONGRATZ!

However.... you need more voltage to go up further!

If it aint' begging for mercy, then you haven't OC'd it right! :attn:

electrorcamd

The Sempron 64 2600+ (as well as the 2500+ and the 2800+) does not support Cool n Quiet, which is what allows the downward multiplier changes on the A64. The 2600+ is completely locked to the 8x multiplier; no lower, no higher.

:welcome: to the forums.

OP
C

cool disel

Registered
TollhouseFrank said:
you'll need to do the OC from BIOS.

We also need some more specs about your system. What FSB/HTT are you running now, what speed is your RAM, and what are your ram settings? (like CAS, Tras, etc).

From there, we can help you tweak settings, help you figure out the appropriate voltage to set everything to to keep it stable, and help you to test the system to make sure it is 100% stable.

HTT = 3x
FSB = currently at 245
Click here to see the settings

and for the ram

P1010069.JPG

i don't really know how to tweak my ram
i hv 2 rams
1*512mb DDR-400
1*256mb DDR-400

i wish u could help me to tune my system :p

TollhouseFrank said:
If it aint' begging for mercy, then you haven't OC'd it right! :attn:

this is the overclockers' slogan :sn:

electrorcamd said:
The Sempron 64 2600+ (as well as the 2500+ and the 2800+) does not support Cool n Quiet, which is what allows the downward multiplier changes on the A64. The 2600+ is completely locked to the 8x multiplier; no lower, no higher.

:welcome: to the forums.

so which proc most of the overclockers are able to increase the multiplier?
bcoz i've seen some users here with 11x multiplier !!!!

and thanx :)

Nebulous

Señor Senior, Senior
cool disel said:
i don't really know how to tweak my ram
i hv 2 rams
1*512mb DDR-400
1*256mb DDR-400

so which proc most of the overclockers are able to increase the multiplier?
bcoz i've seen some users here with 11x multiplier !!!!

ok, to start with you have 2 different sized ram modules which will hinder the oc. TRy and get another 512mb stick to match the one you have or a 256mb stick. You'll have better results with matching sized/brand named ram.

2nd- As rseven posted; all A64 cpu's are hard locked ( by the manufacturer) meaning you cannot get a higher multiplyer, only the lower ones

3rd- Ppl with higher multiplyers on their cpus have it from default ) it comes like that). That's why you've seen them. There are NO hardlocked cpu's that will allow adjustment of the higher multiplyer in the bios, only the lower ones.

There's a chart somewhere on the forums about what A64 cpu has which multiplyer from default. I have a Winchester 3200+ ( 10x200 ) on my back up rig. I can access multiplyers from 10 down to 8, I cannot access from 10 and up becasue the cpu is hardlocked and will now allow it.

With that being said, Welcome to O/C forums :welcome: