• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is there any way....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fever

To change the multi on my second folding rig's Athlon 1.2Ghz 200FSB chip using the bridges? It's in a cheap a$$ PCChips mobo.

Edit: The board doesn't have an option to change the multi.. Is there certain bridges that I can connect to set s specific multi?

Last edited:

Mr. $T$

Yes, You can use a pencel to unlock it too you have to cross the L1 bridges like the XP but it is much easer.

OP
Fever

Fever

Oops, I forgot to mention that the PCChips board doesn't have an option to change the multi. What I meant to ask, is, is there a way to set the multi to say 14 by penciling certain bridges..

OP
Fever

Fever

Thanks for the link, detective. ;) It seems to involve cutting bridges, so if I screw up I should be able to pencil them back in, right?

OC Detective

Yup I would think in the case of the Athlons that would be possible. Only prob for you is you have to determine your multiplier first!

OP
Fever

Fever

Yeah... Increasing the multi to 12.5 isn't worth the trouble, IMO.. BUT... Maybe I should lower it to 10.5 and try to hit 133FSB? I'll have to think about it.

What are good steppings for Athlons?

OP
Fever

Fever

Hmmm... I think that's what my CPU is. :) I'll check it out tomorrow when I start cutting bridges. Thanks for your help! :D

Mr. $T$

AXIA is the second best and AJYHA is the best, However that is not as common in the 1.2Ghz form. Dont Worry I had a AXIA 1.2 @ 1.4 stock volts so it is still good ;)

OC Detective

Mr. $T$ said:
AXIA is the second best and AJYHA is the best, However that is not as common in the 1.2Ghz form. Dont Worry I had a AXIA 1.2 @ 1.4 stock volts so it is still good ;)
I think you mean AYHJA .:p If you look at the database on the front of overclockers it shows which steppings are the best (if it is to be believed). They appear to be primarily AXIA's though that may be because they were not so many AYHJA's made at this speed.:p

Mr. $T$

No this is a rare stepping that is only found on special chips...

Ok fine I was to lazy to dig up my cracked-in-half 1.4 so :p looked ok to me. :rolleyes:

OC Detective

By AMD convention that would mean that the chip code you refer to was made long before AXIA or AVIA as it starts AJ! You sure you dont have the lettering mixed up as the AY*** chips were produced after the AXIA though AJFA chips occurred they were not better than AXIA as the stepping had not matured at that stage

Last edited:

hallen

OC Detective said:
Yup I would think in the case of the Athlons that would be possible. Only prob for you is you have to determine your multiplier first!

If you cut all the multiplier bridges then you just have to reconnect the ones for the multiplier you want with the pencil trick. This works fine for T-Birds and Durons.