• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is there anything I can do about this

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

eaglepi

I have 2 24" Westinghouse monitors, ONe I bought about a year ago and then I bought another this week ( same exact model ) now the new one whites are really white and the whites on the older one are not as white.

In fact any color is different on each, if I open a window , browswer, photoshop Email whatever and drag it so the window is half and half on each monitor the colors are not the same... the new monitor is brighter.

I have set the brightness and contrast to the exact same settings but no help. It isn't a huge problem because I don't even use one windowwith half on each monitor I use browsers on one monitor and email and photoshop and other apps on the other. I just notice the difference in the color and it bugs me a bit.

Is there anyway to make both monitors show the saem colors or because one is new and one is about a year old I have to live with it.??

thanks

nd4spdbh2

every panel even if its the same exact panel is going to be different and its highly likely that different panels were used in the same model of monitor. That being said, use some type of display calibration or use your eye and mess with the settings on one monitor at a time. They dont have to have the same settings.