• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is there something wrong with my Voodoo 4?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

The_Ryz_Factor

Okay, this has been a problem that has been plaguing me since my Tbird 800. And it has stayed with my new Athlon XP 1900+. Whenever I run my fsb at 133, my games crash. I really only play Tribes 1 and Counterstrike, and they both crash and/or freeze. When I ran a 100 fsb with my old Tbird, they would never crash or freeze. Only with the 133 fsb. My Voodoo 4 is a PCI card, and it works fine for these two games framerate wise, so I don't want to buy a new card. All I want to do is be able to run these games on a 133 fsb without them crashing. Is there anything I can do to fix this? It is a problem that is beginning to royally **** me off and I wish I knew a solution to it... maybe you guys do. Thx. :beer:

OP
The_Ryz_Factor

The_Ryz_Factor

Hmmmm.... I just upgraded to the new VIA 4 in 1's and it didn't crash while playing. I played for an hour with no problems. Maybe it's fixed, I'll have to see. :)

Angry

I dont think the Asus A7V-133 has any PCI dividers, I bought my board cheap from a friend, So I didnt get a manual and I cant find anything in the .pdf off Asus's website.
Plus Im running at 147FSB and I have a second PCI card in for dual monitors...Im not haveing any problems...