• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is there such a board?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Quailane

Okay, what I need is very simple. All I need is a motherboard with a PCI-E 16x slot, a 939 pin socket, and that can get crazy high fsb.

I have Asus, DFI, and ECS nforce4 boards that are all pretty good. These aren't the bargain basement boards, but their good models. Too bad they don't overclock as well as I would like. My power supply is the OCZ 520 watt SLI. My ram is a gig of geil BH-5 UTT that I got to 270Mhz 2-2-2-5 once. My cpu is a 3000+ venice that does 2.7Ghz. My only problem is my mainboard. All I need is something that overclocks very high stably. That is all I need. As far as cost, I'd like to keep it below $100 since I need to buy a new X850XT. I would do anything for a board that actually overclocks well without any problems. Just fsb is necessary.

rseven

I doubt that there are any boards that will do better than those. There's the Epox 9NPA+ Ultra and the ASRock SATA2 with the ULI1695 chipset. The reason I mention the ASRock is because it's a chipset you haven't tried. The bios options are limited but there are mods available. There's a big thread here about it with a lot of happy campers. Also, it's dirt cheap, so it may be worth the experiment.

OP
Quailane

Quailane

pwnt by pat said:
You want the best but you don't want to pay?

No, I never said that. I said I would like to pay $100 or less. My 3 boards average $125 in price. What would you suggest?

<<Spider>>

The Chaintech NF4 Ultra mobo is able to do over 400 FSB and it is cost under $100. I remember reading a review on it. It was using the OCZ ram.

OP
Quailane

Quailane

The one board I am thinking of is the chaintech VNF4 ultra. I have heard of some people getting 400Mhz on it while others could only get up to 240. What is funny is that none of my boards get to as high as my DFI ultra infinity did for me back in the day with the nforce2.

Another thing I will do is RMA my DFI board because one day a few weeks ago one of the mosfets blew up for no reason while I was surfing the web. Everything was at stock. :(

OP
Quailane

Quailane

Okay, well I ordered the Chaintech just now. It is very cheap, about half the price of my other boards. At least I can use my audigy 2's firewire port to connect my ipod. Too bad I can only use serial ata ports 3 and 4. I may have to buy an add on card.

OP
Quailane

Quailane

Alright, I am going to go pick up my new board at the post office where it just arrived this morning.