• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this a good 3dmark2001se bench score?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Blueboy1986

i ran the benchmark and i got 8442 w/o and soft/hard modding. i have a radeon 9600 sapphire w/ 256 mb. i here this card is "cheap, not worth the money i paid(130), slow mem, and not easly overclockable. Geez kinda makes me feel so good:eh?:

i got 14679 with stock cpu and ram :-/
don't be upset with your score unless it's negatively affecting your gaming! don't spend money just to get a high score on something that doesn't affect you!
keep it real :p

thanks guys, u guys are makeing me feel better:eh?:
also i when i bought the vid card i wasnted soemthing that would last me a long time. the only games i play are counter strike and starcraft

Is that score with a

default run when you start the bench and dont change anything?

What are your drivers set at? Application for aa and af is recomended.

With my drivers at Quality, 8X and 16X On a default run of 2001 im at 11,700. I only got that last night when i loosend my timeings on my System ram down to 2.5 7-4-4 7 I also hit 15000 for the first time with drivers turned down. Actually got 15500. And i gaind 1000 or more points default in 2003.

I NEVER knew that loosening the timeings on system ram(instaed of Stock timeings) could make such a HUGE difference.

Harry

Thats extremely low score, are you sure thats not an 9600 SE? I dont think they make 256mb SE's though.....

You have to realise everyone turns off AF and AA before running the benchmark. Turn off Trueform and VSync also. Id run RadTweaker on it and find out how far you can OC without problems, maybe look at some Omega Drivers instead of the stock Cat's. That score seems low to me too. My old 8500LE would pull over 10,000 with no problem....

Back