• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this a good monitor?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Baptizer

Hello Everyone!
I am looking to buy an LCD and was wondering if someone could comment on this particular model:

http://store.yahoo.com/justdeals/scepx7gnag17.html

I noticed the original price is almost 700 bucks....exactly why is that? Is this just a marketing ploy to make me think the price is really low, when in fact, the original price should be more like 400 bucks?

Thanks, and have a nice holiday weekend!

OP
B

Baptizer

Would you recommend this over, say, a DELL model? I saw a dell model for roughly 40 dollars less. Just curious.....Its been awhile since I looked into purchasing a monitor and was wondering if this particular one has a special quality that others do not!

Mr.Guvernment

i am going for dell myself - as i have been told they are made by samsung.

i am going to get the 18.1" for about $600 US.

P.S - dell on their web site also sells other makes of lcd's, not just dell ones.

JimmyG

$400 is a little steep for a 17". I got a 18" viewsonic for $450. The viewsonic is a very bright monitor. However, if you plan to use it for gaming, there is still a bit of ghosting when you're playing a first person shooter like quake 3.

Daven

Registered
I woudnt go with the Dell, I would go with the Sceptre. Its a very good monitor IMO, if you get it you wont be disappointed at all.