• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this a good system? (includes watercooling)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Soichiro

I've recently found a job, and that means I have money now, so I'm going to be getting a new gaming comp soon-ish. I just want a few people to comment on my choice of hardware, and since it's my first watercooling system, I want to make sure all the components for that are compatible. Just so you know, I'm going to be overclocking this thing like there's no tomorrow. And no I won't be buying it all at once. Most likely I'll just buy the stuff either when it goes on sale or I get enough money to buy all the remaining parts... I love not having to pay the bills, cuz it means I can spend my money on this stuff! :D

Case - This sexy thing (I mean that in a non-sexual way) $299.99 *is shot* I need the room so I don't have to buy a separate case for the watercooling stuff (although this is as big as 2 cases glued together :p).

Power Supply - OCZ 520W Powerstream $119.99

CPU - Dual-core Opteron 165 $350.00

Mobo - DFI Lanparty Ultra-D $128.00

RAM - 2x1GB DDR500 Mushkin Redline $305.00

Video Card - eVGA Geforce 7800GT 256MB $299.00

Hard Drive - Maxtor DiamondMax 10 250GB SATA150 $99.00

CD Drives - NEC Silver IDE DVD Burner $40.99
ASUS Silver IDE DVD Drive $25.99 (Yes the drives need to match the case!)

Fan Controller - Sunbeam 5 1/4" 4 Channel Rheobus $19.99

Case Fans - 9 Thermaltake 120mm Blue LED Fans $6.99 x 9 = $62.91

Radiator Fans - 3 Panaflo 120mm Medium Speed Fans $10.99 x 3 = $32.97

Fan Grills - 9 120mm Metal Fan Guard $1.95 x 9 = $17.55

Fan Screws - 100 Chrome Fan Screws $5.00

(All items below with 1/2" OD fittings.)
Radiator - Black Ice Extreme III $77.99

Pump - Danger Den D5 Pump $74.95

Reservoir - Danger Den Dual 5 1/4" Bay Reservoir $31.95

CPU Waterblock - Swiftech Storm $63.95

GPU Waterblock - Danger Den NV-78 $124.95

Tubing - Tygon 1/2" ID 3/4" OD Tubing $2.80/3 ft. (How many feet do you think I'll need of this?)

Watercooling Fluid - PrimoChill PC ICE Non-Conductive Blue UV Reactive Liquid $19.99 (I know I could just use anti-freeze but I need my comp to glow as brightly as possible :p)

I know, I know, most people would say I have too many fans. Well I say I don't have enough! Even though it's watercooled, I want as many fans as possible (as long as they're quiet) just so I can brag about having more fans than everyone else! :p And don't ask for the total cost, I'm too lazy to add it all up...

Last edited:
What do you mean? I am building it myself. :p Although I'm probably going to go the (slightly) cheaper route and just get a Maze4 GPU waterblock and then some Video Card RAM heatsinks, since the RAM won't get that hot anyway... (about $50 instead of $120 for GPU cooling)

i was just talking about your watercooling setup. its cheaper to buy parts that arent specifically manufactured for watercooling, i.e. radiator or heatercore from a certain model car. the waterblocks you have no choice but to buy, but youll probably shave a good $100 just by going the DIY way.

Back